TweetSweep: Every 10th follower wins - ends @6000

Monday, April 13, 2009

Every 10th follower wins - ends @6000

In order to help you make the leap into social networking, I am giving away some signed copies of my new book (written with Richie Stanley and Jason Hayes), Lost and Found: The Younger Unchurched and Churches that Reach Them.

Here's a quick look into what it's all about:

Who are the young unchurched, and how can they be reached with the good news of Jesus Christ?

In a poll result highlighted by CNN Headline News and USA Today, nearly half of nonchurchgoers between the ages of twenty and twenty-nine agreed with the statement, "Christians get on my nerves." Now, researchers behind the larger study present Lost and Found, a blend of dynamic hard data and modern day parable that tells the real story of an unchurched generation that is actually quite spiritual and yet circumspect, open to Jesus but not the church.


Now, here are the giveaway rules:

Lost and Found_medium.jpgOnce my Twitter "followers" reach 6000, I will give away a free book to every tenth person that follows. That should be 6000, 6010, 6020, etc. up until 6100. However, the count is based on my notifications. (Each time someone follows you get an email notice.) So, I will simply mark when I get the 6000th follower and then count every 10 after that until 10 books are given away.

If someone "unfollows" during that time, it could mean that the count you see and the number of follows I receive do not line up. My count is final. And, since more than one person might "follow" at 6000, my notification will be the signal for a free book.

And, these are for those wanting to live the good life I am encouraging to connect with via Twitter. If you are brand new Twitter, that will be great, but if we are just new "Twitter friends," that is OK, too. (And, I follow back all who follow me.) Now, for the 26 of you who "unfollowed" after I announced the contest on Twitter for "new" followers, I will let your conscience be your guide. ;-)

Everyone will be notified via Twitter direct message within 24 hours.

I hope to see you on Twitter.

0 comments: